Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Track Plan

From my previous post you can see that I had finished the layout room. While I was finishing the room I was busy working on a track plan. I didn't do anything with the ceiling except hang some work light's. My plan for the room is to build most of or try and build all the bench work for the two levels and then start track. Well so far that has be going just great. I have a few places were I have to lay the track as I go, other wise I cant put in the track. The ceiling will be installed once I have the upper levels bench work done and I know were every thing will be. The ceiling will be ceiling tiles and it will follow the valance around the layout.


 Main Level





 Second Level
 
 
The entrance to the room will be a swing gate which I have yet to figure out how I'm going to build it. There will be no duck under's. Over the year that I have made these plans, thing's have changed and will probably change while I'm building. Nothing is 100%. As you can see I have a lot to build. Thankfully I have some great help. The two main people that help are Paul B. He had a great layout the Green Bay & Western that can been seen here https://www.youtube.com/user/rockton160807/videos. Just recently he bought a basement with a house on it and will be starting all over again soon. My other helper is Alex. He models the Toronto Hamilton & Buffalo Ry that can be seen here https://www.youtube.com/user/Thbfan401/videos So with there help and the help of a few other people, my six year old son and a resent addition to our group of friend's a gentleman by the name of Jordan who has joined us,we have started to build the C&NW in HO scale in my basement. So follow along as we progress.

1 comment:

  1. For an idea on a gate entrance to the layout, check out the May 2014 issue of Model Railroader magazine, page 58 (http://trc.trains.com/Train%20Magazine%20Index.aspx?view=ViewIssue&issueId=6902)

    The drop-leaf gate described in that article is very easy to build, maintain and operate.

    Looking forward to more posts here as you progress -- I live in Milwaukee, so all of the scenes on your plan are recognizable.

    ReplyDelete