Friday, January 1, 2016


Well it has been way to long since my last post here but I hope to change that. A lot has happened in the train room since I was last on here so I will have a lot of post coming until I can catch up with where I am on the layout. So let’s get started were I left off with the last post. We will start with some bench work.


In this photo I have started building the bench work for Mitchell yard. The brackets are made from 1x3 pine and ¼ inch plywood. I wanted to try something different than metal shelf brackets and I was also trying to get away from legs. In the photo below you can see a close up of those brackets that we made. They are attached to the wall with 2 ½” screws every 16” to be able to screw into the stud wall.









In this photo we have the island that runs down the middle of the room. The center wall is 1x3 studs screwed to the ceiling and the floor, so it’s solid. The far left of this photo is where my helix will be. The track that you see is for a return loop that will bring trains back into the staging yard below Mitchell yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment