Saturday, January 2, 2016

Laying Ties



In this Blog I will show you my method of laying the wood ties that I had cut up. I laid out the ties in a jig that I had made for the mainline and a jig that I purchased from fast tracks for the sidings.
This is the jig for mainline 
This is the fast tracks jig for sidings

This jig is one I made from printing out the switch templates from fast tracks and gluing them to a piece of wood.




Once I have placed the ties in the jig I place a piece of masking tape over them and they are ready to lay on the cork. In the photo below you can see the tie strips with the tape in place but not glued yet


Here is a video from my YouTube channel showing me laying down the ties. I use whit glue and as you see in the video I use a very simple tool to spread out the glue.


No comments:

Post a Comment